Haverhill Public Schools' transition coordinator, Matthew Scanlon, will present a transition workshop on Thursday, December 6, 2018, at 6 PM in the Haverhill High School library.
The workshop is for parents, guardians, and caretakers of students with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP). Mr. Scanlon will provide attendees with information and resources to start planning for a child's future, as well as information for parents, guardians, and caretakers to help young adults plan for a successful transition to adulthood. It's never too early to start thinking about your child's transition to adulthood. The following topics will be covered:
• Transition timeline
• Graduation requirements
• Guardianship options
• Diploma v. certificate of completion
• Transition planning forms
• Rights and responsibilities
• DDS and postsecondary day habilitation v. community-based options
• Benefits planning
• Community and recreation activities
• College planning, 504 v. IEPs
Please RSVP to Mr. Scanlon to reserve your transition folder.
Matthew Scanlon Transition Coordinator MScanlon@haverhill-ps.org (978) 374-3400 X1936